Review On The Osmo Gaming System For iPad
If your child spends a lot of time playing games or watching videos on the iPad… why not turn those tapping time into something more interactive and educational with the Osmo Gaming System!
About The Osmo Gaming System For iPad
- Recommended for age 4 years and up
- Encourages Creative Thinking and Social Interaction by expanding gameplay beyond the Screen – transforming the space in front of the tablet into an interactive environment that turns any object into a digitally connected game piece
- Can be played by the whole family, anywhere and on any surface
- Includes a Reflector, Base and 4 apps: Words, Tangram, Newton and Masterpiece
- Works with latest iPads – iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina and iPad Air
About The Four Apps
- Words: Guess and spell out the on-screen hidden word by tossing down real-life letters faster than your friends.
- Tangram: Arrange tangible puzzle pieces into matching on-screen shapes.
- Newton: Use your creative noggin and inventive objects (anything around you) to guide falling on-screen balls into targeted zones.
- Masterpiece: Pick any image from the camera, curated gallery or integrated web search and Masterpiece will transform it into easy-to-follow lines and help you draw it to perfection
The Good (What Most Parents Like About The Osmo Gaming System For iPad)
- Very Engaging, Educational and a Great Gift Idea
- Well Designed, Fun and Different
- Fun, Social and Smart
- Good for encouraging kids (especially if they are not getting along well) to play together
- Good as a Teaching Resource (especially if you are an Educator)
- Kids as young as 2 may even get to enjoy them (but be careful of small parts)
- The Words App is widely popular and many parents actually hope that more apps can be developed soon
- May be a little overpriced
- Depending on your child (and their age), the novelty and fun factor may dissipate quickly
- You will be disappointed if you are expecting rapid and continuous development on this current system
So Should You Get The Osmo Gaming System For iPad?
If your kids are glued to the iPad most of the time and you want them to make good use of their time while on it… and learn something out from it… the Osmo Gaming System for iPad is definitely worth considering because this was created with learning in mind!
The next bit that you need to consider is the price tag for it and how long before your child decides to stop playing with it. This Gaming System is currently in its very first version and there are limited choices available (only the four apps) and it may take a while before we see new features on the system and new apps.
So if you think you and your child will be very happy with what the Osmo Gaming System can offer…